On Sunday, January 8, our featured Outreach Connection agency will be the Day Worker Center in Mountain View, which serves men and women working as day laborers in our community. Representatives will tell us about the center during each worship service, and we will have an opportunity to donate money in support of its operation. The Day Worker Center provides for its members critical economic and emotional support, a sense of community, a clean, safe, warm and dry place to gather, and education and training.
How can we help?
- Donate money on our online giving site and selecting the Outreach Connection gift fund or by writing a check to LAUMC with “Day Worker Center” in the memo line and putting it in the offering plate.
- Volunteer to lead a job training workshop (painting, pruning, house maintenance, etc.), help teach English, computer literacy skills, or resume writing, or tutor students at homework club.
- Donate tools and equipment such as sewing machines, painting supplies, buckets, hard hats, measuring tapes, leaf blowers, drills, vacuums, etc.
- Employ a day worker to help you move, weed your garden, paint your house, repair your fence, or prepare for a party.
- Post a positive review of your experience on Yelp.
For more information, visit the Mountain View Day Worker Center website, visit the center at 113 Escuela Ave, Mountain View, or call 650-903-4102.