Summer vacation is just around the corner—a great time to volunteer at Hope’s Corner! Several of our regular volunteers are going on extended trips over the summer, and we could use your help. Hope’s Corner is a joint ministry of LAUMC and Trinity UMC in Mountain View that serves a free breakfast to hungry people every Saturday. Volunteers are needed every week to make Hope’s Corner happen. All ages are welcome. There are several volunteer shifts available every week:
- Friday afternoons, 4:00–5:30pm in the LAUMC kitchen: Cook hard-boiled eggs and roasted potatoes; count out the ingredients for the bag lunches.
- Friday evenings, 9:45–10:45 pm: Pick up donated pastries from Panera Bread at El Monte and El Camino Real and take them to Trinity UMC to cut and bag.
- Saturday mornings, 6:45–7:15am: Deliver food from LAUMC to Trinity UMC.
- Saturday mornings, 7:00–9:00am at Trinity UMC: Help set up and serve the breakfast buffet.
- Saturday mornings, 9:00–10:30am at Trinity UMC: Help serve the breakfast buffet and clean up.
- Saturday mornings, 10:15–11:00am: Deliver leftovers from Trinity UMC to LAUMC.
To sign up, visit our Hope’s Corner page and click on Volunteer Now.
If your small group is looking for a fun group activity, consider preparing a “special dinner” for Hope’s Corner guests. It doesn’t have to be fancy. Contact Leslie Carmichael for more information.