April 6-13, 2013
Put your faith into action – come and be part of the LAUMC 2013 San Carlos Trip, April 6-13, 2013. This trip is open to all ages – no prior experience is necessary. We have worked with AMOR Ministries on our Mexico trips for over 15 years. This year, we will work the AMOR Ministries on the San Carlos Apache Indian Reservation, 90 miles northeast of Phoenix in Arizona.
The San Carlos Apache Reservation is one of the poorest Native American communities in the United States, with the median annual household income being approximately $14,000. About 77 percent of the people live under the poverty line. AMOR Ministries has formed strategic alliances with Tribal governments, participating churches, and the private sector to effectively meet the needs of the poorest families living on the San Carlos Apache Reservation.
Working with AMOR Ministries, we will help build a 2-bedroom, 1-bath house and seek to alleviate the tangible needs of the poor by sharing the love of Jesus with families through providing homes to families in need.
We will camp during the week and stay in a hotel in Indio on the way down and back. We will have our own gourmet camp chefs prepare food for us. Registration form and deposits are due by January 27. Final payments and remaining forms are due by February 17.
- Registration Form: The key to everything
- Gear List: What to pack
- Detailed Itinerary: What happens when
- Code of Ethics: How to travel in a Christian way
Important dates related to the trip:
- Sunday, January 27, 2013
- Group Gathering #1, 6:30-8:00pm, Creekside C/D; Registration form and deposits due
- Sunday, February 17, 2013
- Group Gathering #2, 3:00-4:30pm, Room 8; forms and final payment due
- Monday, April 1, 2013
- Group Gathering #3, 7:00-8:00 pm, Bring equipment up from basement to Youth Room;
- Thursday, April 4, 2013
- Drop off gear at LAUMC in Youth Room after 3:00 pm
- Friday, April 5, 2013
- Pack vehicles
- Saturday, April 6, 2013
- Leave LAUMC for Indio. Overnight in a hotel in Indio.
- Sunday, April 7, 2013
- Worship in Indio. Drive to Globe, Arizona. Set up camp.
- Monday, April 8, 2013
- Meet our families. Build Houses!
- Thursday, April 11, 2013
- Say good-bye to the families. Last night of camping.
- Friday, April 12, 2013
- Pack up camp. Drive to Indio area. Overnight in hotel with hot showers and pool!
- Saturday, April 13, 2013
- Return to Los Altos
- Sunday, April 21, 2013
- Clean-up gear, 1:00-3:00pm
San Carlos Forms:
Forms due January 27, 2013:
Forms due on February 17, 2013:
For Each Person:
- AMOR Individual Mission Trip Participation Form
- Emergency Information and Authorization for Treatment
For Minors Traveling Without a Parent:
- Affidavit of Parental Consent (for children traveling without either parent)
- Supplemental Medical Permission Form
Contact Leslie Carmichael at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-941-0260 for additional information.